Find your website for booking a hotel worldwide without reservation fees

Friday 17 April 2009

Citytrip tips


When spring begins, we always feel like biking. Where better than during a weekend in a hotel in Zeeland? Middelburg, Vlissingen, Terneuzen, etc... All very beautiful towns and cities surrounded by an unforgettable (and typically for the region) landscape. In a hotel in de Ardennen you are also submerged in nature and I always try to teach my kids how to live at a slower, much more healthier pace.


When I feel like teaching my kids some culture, I always pick a valuable historical city to visit. We just got back from a cosy couple of days (easter holiday you know) in a hotel Brugge centrum. Actually I grew up in the so called Venice of the North so I practically know this marvellous city by heart but my kids obviously didn't. I showed them almost every corner of the city and even made them climb the Belfry tower. They were litteraly lauging their asses off! I think our next cultural trip will go to a Deventer hotel, as I heard a very interesting historical city, a bit like Bruges, but in a dutch version. I'm really looking forward to it, it's probably gonna be somewhere around august, beginning of september.


Next week my wife and I planned on going on a trip without our kids, since that's something that has been a long time. We still have to make a choice out of the many hotels in Amsterdam but at least we decided to go! It's been almost 15 years I visitied the Dutch capital, I'm curious to say what has changed and what hasn't. Staying at a Parijs hotel is also a very long time ago, we'll definitely do that again somewhere in fall of this year. Can't wait to hug my wife under the Eiffeltower or to eat a gastronomic meal at Montmartre...

No comments: